The A-Light S is a particularly powerful and durable solar lamp for developing countries. It serves not for room illumination alone, but supplies power to radios and cell phones as well. Development and manufacturing is made in Germany with high quality requirements. The A-Light S features:
- Three brightness levels: 180 lumen for h, 80 lumen for 14h, 10 lumen for 120h
- A lithium-ion battery with low self-discharge and a long lifespan
- A charge lasting for up to one year
- Foldout hanger
- Microprocessor controlled hardware with various protection features
- Shockproof and watertight housing according to IP67
There is the possibility to use them as photovoltaic modules:
- loading of rechargeable batteries in mobile telephones
- loading of external batteries for type AA and AAA
- having a radio played/playing the radio
- operation of an electrical soldering iron – which makes an assembly workshop possible in areas without electric current from the net.
The A-Light-S was developed to address the challenges of sustainability with state-of-the-art technology. The best equipment in terms of quality should also be provided to our neighbors in the Global South, especially in rural areas
Existing kerosene lamps are hazardous to humans and our environment, and must be replaced by ecologically compatible systems. Social consequences are enormous due to the versatile possibilities. The users of our lamp enjoy light for reading, cooking or working without any harmful effects to the eyes. Through the acquisition of a solar lamp, users can save on kerosene expenses. Schools and wards can be provided with light by the portable lamps. Users can also charge their mobile telephones without paying fees. The lamp can be delivered as a kit and be assembled locally. The A-Light S has been in use since mid-2011. To date (2020), about 4,500 lamps were assembled and sent out as kits in the Global South.
We would like to promote the distribution of our A-Light S through even more intensive cooperation with even more development aid organizations.
We are constantly working to make the solar lamp even more reliable and effective.
Main Target Group
Various organizations in Germany and Austria as well as private individuals.
Schools, hospitals and households in countries of the Global South.
Price (in USD)