What we should know about you
Questions answered by Ratul Narain, Founder
1. Imagine yourself/yourselves 5 years ago in comparison to the situation you are in today. Which achievements surprise you the most?
We have been fortunate to get support from incredible global partners like the Gates Foundation, GCC, SLAB, and Siemens Stiftung. With this support and an incredible team we are honored to serve 34,000 most vulnerable newborns in 10 LMICs, commercially launched four new products and received global honors like the TIMES Award for Best Innovation of 2017 for our flagship hypothermia monitor called TempWatch.
2. What is your biggest success as an entrepreneur?
We have chosen to work on neonatal problems that were left unaddressed despite being life-threatening; hypothermia is known as a silent killer but no solutions were available to address and similarly apnea. We see our biggest success is not only in building solutions to these problems, but also getting them successfully adopted in the most needed health settings. Our work with five UNICEF organizations and governments in 10 countries gives us a sense of pride and fulfillment knowing that we have served the most critical babies in the most constrained settings.
3. What is the best thing about being a member of empowering people. Network?
It has been great being a part of empowering people. Network. We really appreciate the constant support and guidance we receive from the team.
- epAward Winner 2016 (TempWatch)
- TIMES Award for the Best Innovation of 2017
- ASME Innovation Showcase – 2016
- Echoing Green