What we should know about you
Questions answered by Erin Keaney, COO
1. What drives you personally to keep your social business running?
Hearing the awesome stories from amputees who have returned to their favorite sports and activities, who send pictures of their family gatherings, and who are empowered to pursue their best lives keeps us motivated. Stepping back and remembering the impact of what we do can help us over any difficulty.
2. Did you always want to become a social entrepreneur?
The Nonspec team had no idea we would end up doing this! When we first started, we were finishing our undergraduate engineering degrees, but as soon as we started interacting with customers, we knew we could help and became very driven to help making amputees and clinicians’ lives easier!
3. What recommendation would you give to someone who thinks about starting a social enterprise?
Find a problem that you are passionate about and immerse yourself in learning about the root of the problem and what the customers really need. Share your ideas with the world and don’t get discouraged during the ups and down, they come with the territory of creating real impact!
- epAward Winner 2019
- Patents for Humanity Award Winner
- MassChallenge Boston Winner
- Cartier Women’s Initiative Award