What we should know about you
Questions answered by Mark La Trobe, COO
1. Imagine yourselves 5 years ago in comparison to the situation you are in today. Which achievements surprise you the most?
We realized that, in order to ensure success, the Enviro Loo technology, like other sanitation systems, needed to be maintained and serviced regularly. In response to that, our team has developed an online servicing mobile application (Loo Solve) that geo tracks the lifespan and service of each unit. A social facilitation team has been formed to liaise with community members to educate and ensure acceptance of the technology. And we have enabled the creation of small business enterprises dedicated to the servicing and maintenance of the Enviro Loo units.
2. What is your biggest success as an entrepreneur?
The fact that we have been recognised and specified as a fit-for-purpose product as part of the Sanitation Appropriate for Education programme.
3. What was a turning point for you as an organization?
When we were approached by the South African Water Research Commission to implement a pilot project to test a new water smart, reinvent toilet system imported from China as part of the South African Sanitation Technology Enterprise Program. This shows that we are recognized as one the leading dry sanitation companies on the African continent.
- 2019 – The Eco-Logic Award for Water Conservation – South Africa
- 2017 – Frost & Sullivan Southern African Dry Sanitation Company of the Year Award
- 2015 – Innovative Waterless Sanitation Technology – India CSR
- 2010 – Gold Award for Sanitation – Dept. of Human Settlements – South Africa
- 2005 – Tech Award for Innovation – United States