What we should know about you
Questions answered by Silvana Veinberg, Founder & Executive Director
1. What is your biggest success as an entrepreneur?
One of Videolibros deaf readers is now coordinating the project.
2. What drives you personally to keep your social business running?
Ninety-five percent of deaf children are born in hearing families and have never been told a story, while just 5% of deaf children from deaf parents, have the opportunity to access stories in Sign Language.
Literature connects us with language to produce and express ideas and emotions about the real or imaginary world. Literature allows us to live in other times, to identify with characters, investigate other customs, and other geographies. When children read with others, they encounter a way of bonding with their family and their friends. Literature transforms us.
3. What recommendation would you give to someone who thinks about starting a social enterprise?
- epAward Winner 2016
- 2020: Zero Project Award
- 2017: Selected as Special Cultural Project of the Chamber of Deputies of the Argentine Nation
- 2015: Winner of the WISE Award (World Innovation Summit for Education) – Qatar
- 2013: First prize in the Access category. Awarded by The Regional Fund for Digital Innovation in Latin America and the Caribbean (FRIDA) initiative of the Regional Registry for Internet Registries for Latin America and the Caribbean (LACNIC)
- 2010: IADB (Inter-American Development Bank) Winner of “A World of Solutions”