What we should know about you
Questions answered by the team at aQysta
1. Can you share some random or funny facts about your team?
Our team is very multilingual. We probably have over 20 languages within our team, such as Nepalese, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Chichewa, Hindi, and Swahili.
2. What drives you personally to keep your social business running?
What motivates us most is the feedback we receive from the farmers. It takes a lot of effort to build, transport, and install a pump halfway across the world. But if the actual user of the pumps ends up sending us pictures of their green fields in the middle of the dry season, that is what inspires us to keep going.
3. What recommendation would you give to someone who thinks about starting a social enterprise?
Just do it. Literally, the reason that most great ideas never come to fruition is because the person who had the idea never did anything about it. It may seem like a daunting task but even the biggest journey always starts with the first step. And who knows, when you start to walk you may just build a profitable business while helping to improve people’s lives. In our opinion, there are not many career paths better than that!
- epAward Winner 2016
- Philips Innovation Award 2012
- Bearing Point Award 2012
- Get in the ring – Start-up Nexus Award 2019
- Social Impact lab Challenge 2019
- Climate-KIC Venture Competition Award 2014 – Europe