What we should know about you
Questions answered by Martin Aufmuth, Chairman of the Board
1. What is your biggest success as an entrepreneur?
As an entrepreneur, I am most happy that the system of OneDollarGlasses actually works and has found so many supporters in a short time and has already changed the lives of so many people in a positive way.
2. What drives you personally to keep your social business running?
I would like to help those people who do not have access to eyeglasses and optical care and are therefore severely restricted in their lives, including children who cannot learn at school or adults who cannot provide for their families. The right to eye care is a basic right for me.
3. Did you always want to become a social entrepreneur?
I have always wanted to do something against injustice in the world. And as a child I wanted to be an inventor. I learned much later that these two goals combined make a social entrepreneur.
- epAward Winner 2013
- Next Economy Award
- Bayerische Staatsmedaille
- Hopkins Leadership Award 2016
- Tech Award
- Ashoka Network