What we should know about you
Questions answered by Christopher Thompson, Director of Development
1. What was a troubling time that you managed to overcome?
COVID-19 proved to be a very difficult time which required our organization to quickly adapt. Within 3 weeks of the COVID-19 outbreak, NABU worked with health experts to develop and publish a series of COVID-19 Health Collection stories to act as a resource to help parents, caregivers and teachers talk with children about the pandemic. Our Health Collection has now been translated into 28 languages and is reaching an estimated 130,000 families globally.
2. Can you share some random or funny facts about your team?
Our team is diverse in gender, age, culture, and experience. We have team members across the United States, Australia, Bulgaria, Rwanda, Kenya, and Haiti. Between us, we speak more than 7 mother tongue languages!
3. What recommendation would you give to someone who thinks about starting a social enterprise?
The most important thing is to do research and prioritize knowledge while pursuing an altruistic mission! Ensure to think about your community and fundraising channels.
- epAward Winner 2016
- GuideStar Platinum Seal of Transparency
- Library of Congress Literacy Awards: Best Practice Honouree
- International Literacy Association Award Winner