What we should know about you
Questions answered by Martin Wesian, Founder
1. What was a turning point in your career as an entrepreneur / for your organization?
Ten years ago, the carbon market was still unstable, and prices were not sufficient for a high-quality carbon project with the WADI. Nevertheless, carbon financing remained a possible option for HELIOZ and, in 2017, HELIOZ implemented the first climate project in Bangladesh.
It was a long way to find a customer who dared to venture into a relationship with a company that had never done a climate project before.
2. Did you always want to become a social entrepreneur?
Martin started HELIOZ as a social enterprise, because he wanted to build a framework where social and ecological goals should be at center stage while simultaneously being able to provide CSR programs and CO2 certificates for companies.
The pursuit of only profit for such an enterprise just does not work. Our products are clearly designed to help companies make the next step into a greener future and give people in the Global South a tool for a higher standard of living.
3. What recommendation would you give to someone who thinks about starting a social enterprise?
Entrepreneurs should recognize for themselves that adapting their products to social and ecological standards can also have economic added value.
- “Best New Product in the Water Sector 2019” from the Water Ministry of India
- Global best practice showcase – World Expo Dubai 2020